Our very favorite pork tacos! When I say favorite I am not joking, we have these for dinner at least once a week, if not more. The most tender, juicy pork and soooooo easy peasy to make.
A few years ago John was working in Mexico and I went to visit. Of course the best part of the visit was the food. We ate at a local taco shop almost daily. The tacos were unreal.
I had never had pineapple on my tacos- it blew my mind!
This is my best attempt to re-create them. (Almost as good as they get).
3 cups chicken broth (Or enough to make sure half the roast is covered)
2 Cans Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies (mild)
1/2 Chopped onion
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Chili powder
!/4 Cup crushed pineapple
Handful of fresh cilantro
1. Place pork roast in crock pot. Pour chicken broth in pot until half the roast is covered. (depth)
2. Pour Ro-tel, onions, and pineapple on top of roast.
3. Sprinkle cumin and chili powder throughout the pot.
4. top with fresh cilantro.
5. Cook on medium for 4-5 hours, then turn on high for an additional 30 minutes before serving.
6. Remove cilantro stems.
7. Remove roast from pot. Place in large bowl or platter and gently pull apart the pork
(Should be extremely tender and pull apart easily.) Reserve all the juices/sauce in the pot.
7. Pour desired amount of juices into bowl of pork.
Serve on warm corn or flour tortillas with fresh toppings.
My favorites are, avocado, cheese, chopped cilantro, and pineapple chunks.
Squeeze fresh lime on top to finish.
What are some of your favorite recipes